Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Problem Solved

So I have been having a little problem. When we lived in Alabama, our washer and dryer was in our kitchen, so when a towel was dirty, I tossed it right into the washing machine to build up a load. Well now...we have a laundry room, however, in said laundry room, there is no room for a hamper and with Maeve's diapers, the washer is usually occupied. So this has been happening....


Dirty towels, dish rags and Maeve's bibs have been collecting all over the kitchen. Mostly in my drying rack which then cannot be used for its intended purpose. I needed a hamper for the kitchen...but where? There is no room for an actual standing hamper, so I've been searching the stores and websites for ideas. A tiny trashcan? A small basket. Everything that I found was just not practical for what I needed. I've looked at hanging hamper bags but they were all too large and then when I found some that were small enough, there was the problem of where to put it. I couldn't move the straps on the bags so I couldn't hang the bag somewhere and take it down. Frustrating to say the least. So last night Maeve decided to go to bed early and I found myself with a newly organized sewing room and a lot of free time on my hands. I started thinking and with the help of the almighty Pinterest I found a pattern that would work well...with some tweaking.  It took me a couple hours to sew it all up and voila!

A removable, closable hanging hamper! I'm so in love and so happy I now have a quick place to stash these dirty towels until wash day. Wonderful. I only added one strap as opposed to two, with one side detachable with a snap. I also added a snap to close the bag...which I haven't used yet, but thought it may come in handy. It's perfect. It is just wide enough that it isn't sticking out very far from the shelf and just long enough that I can fit a decent amount of towels & bibs. Perfect!
Absolutely love it...and it cost me $3 to make. :)

Well that is all for now. Tootles everyone!





No comments:

Post a Comment