I had some extra fabric from a shirt that I had made for myself...(I'll post about that monstrosity later)...and I decided to make a skirt for Maeve. I bought 2 yards of this fabric for that reason. I planned on making her a dress but I used more fabric than I planned on for my shirt. Anyway....
I made her a skirt tonight and it is so freakin' cute!
Check it out!
I love it!...and I think Maeve does too!
I used the skirt tutorial from Dana @
MADE
LOVE IT!!!:-) I am just learning to sew and found your blog through your comment on the Made blog!:-) I am hoping to attempt a simple skirt tomm!:-) You did a great job!
ReplyDeleteAmanda
Thanks! I am still new at sewing too but this skirt was so easy! I ended up making 2 more of them! Dana's tutorial makes it so easy!
DeleteI want to make one for a friends baby comic.g soon, what measurements did u use for your 9 month old? Thanks!
ReplyDeleteI did 20inch for the waist, 9 1/2 inch for the length, because of the hem, and it looks like I wrote down 19 1/2 inches for elastic...but honestly, I don;t think that is right. I remember having to cut the elastic shorter to get it to fit her.
ReplyDeleteBasically... you measure around the waist. Take that measurement and double it, that is how you get the width of the skirt. The measure from the waist down, and add an inch and half. You will need extra for the elastic casing and for the hem at the bottom. Since the baby in question is not here yet, you could probably take a store bought skirt, measure it and try to mimic it....or borrow someone's baby for measurements.
The good thing about this skirt, other than it is super easy, is that if it is too loose, you can open it back up and take out some elastic and if it is too tight, you can add more. And altering the hem.
Let me know if you have any more questions. :)