Friday, March 30, 2012

Chicken Fried Rice ^_^

For dinner tonight Maeve and I decided on yet another asian dish....we eat a lot of asian food in this house...which is only now becoming apparent to me. lol (Stir fry, orange chicken..fried rice..) Its either asian or barbecue. Anyway. There were some requests on Facebook, that if dinner tonight turned out good that I should share the recipe. So...here goes..because dinner was AMAZING. I never really used to like fried rice, I didn't like the egg. I always would try to pick the tiny pieces of egg out and then gave up because that just took forever. Since Maeve was born though my taste for eggs has returned. I ate scrambled eggs for breakfast, lunch and dinner when we came home from the hospital. Yum. Alright, I'll shut up...recipe!!

Chicken Fried Rice

Ingredients
1lb Chicken breast
1/2 cup sliced green onion
1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
1 clove of garlic, crushed
1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
3 cups of long grain rice, cooked and chilled
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
2 large eggs
Stir fry sauce (optional)

Note:  Alright so I decided to make this on a whim tonight...I didn't have an onions in the house, and I didn't have any ground ginger. So I didn't use them. It still tasted amazing though. The stir fry sauce was not on the original recipe, but everything tastes good with stir fry sauce, so I added some. I also used and entire green pepper, not just 1/4 cup. Maeve really likes peppers so it won't go to waste. 

Alright...

Step 1: Find the recipe. (No...it's not in that book Maeve)


Step 2: Put your baby on your back. (Go beco go!)


Step 3: Add rice and water to rice cooker and turn it on. (If you don't have a rice cooker....go buy one. It will make your life so much easier. If you don't want to buy one...then get a pot of water and cook your rice.)

Step 4: Cut chicken breast. (You can cut to strips or chunks. I like nugget sized chicken personally.)


Step 5: Cut pepper and onion and crush garlic. (I didn't have an onion, remember)


(well this looks pleasantly like something disgusting!)

Step 6: Heat about 2 tbsp of oil in a large skillet or wok.


 Step 7: Cook chicken on medium high heat until cooked through.


Step 8: Add 2 eggs to the bowl...


Step 9: ...and scramble.


Step 10: Once chicken is cooked, remove from skillet and set aside.


Step 11: Add pepper and onion to skillet, cook until crisp and tender. 


Step 12: Add garlic to skillet, cook and stir for 30 seconds longer. (I also added in about a teaspoon of butter at this step. Totally optional though.)


Step 13: Add cooked/chilled rice and soy sauce to skillet. (My rice was not chilled and I used a heck of a lot more than 2 tbsp of soy sauce)


Step 14: Blend all together, coating all rice with soy sauce.


Step 15: Pour in scrambled eggs, mix together and cook until set. 


Step 16: Return chicken to the skillet and cook until warm. (This is also where I added my stir fry sauce...and more soy sauce.)


Step 17: Serve!


Step 18: Take lots of pictures of an adorable baby trying to eat rice.




Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment